Who we are
Young Norfolk Arts Trust, The Close, Norwich, NR1 4DD
What information do we collect?
- Non-personalised details of social media engagement
- Visits to our website including operating system and location data (non-personalised)
- Image and likeness in photographs and videos captured at live events which may potentially be used for promotional purposes
Why do we collect this data and what do we use it for?
We have a legitimate interest in processing the data in order to carry out our activity, as reasonably expected for our type of organisation. The information collected is used to select and inform you of events or activities we think may be of interest to you and to support our work as a charity.
The data we collect allows us to tailor our communications and to understand what activities have been successful. It also helps us to communicate our story to our funders.
YNAT occasionally records and uses film, photographs and audio for promotional purposes on its website, social media accounts and other formats under its legitimate interests and grounds for processing. Where appropriate we will obtain your specific consent, but typically not for group shots or when the image is for internal use only. When relevant, public notice is given that recording equipment will be used at events/activities. If you would prefer not to be included in any image recording, please speak to a member of Young Norfolk Arts team or contact us after the event.
Where our website links to the websites of other organisations please check their own privacy policies before giving them any personal data. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Your personal data will not be shared with third parties for example a touring theatre company or band without your agreed consent. Your personal data will never be sold on to any other agencies or companies.
How we keep your details safe and secure
Access to personal data is strictly controlled. We use a secured cloud based server which also supports our email servers. Information can only be accessed by authorised staff within our organisation and our staff are trained to understand the importance of keeping personal data secure.
How long do we keep your information?
We hold data for no longer than necessary for the purpose it was originally collected. Reasonable steps will be taken to destroy or delete from systems, all data that is no longer required.
Data will be retained indefinitely for historical, statistical or research purposes. As stated below, you have the right to require us to erase personal data.
We will clean our database periodically to ensure that we are keeping all of our records as up-to-date as possible.
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 you have the right to:
- obtain access to the personal data that we hold about you
- opt-out of marketing communications at any time
- require us to correct or erase your personal data
- require us to restrict our data processing activities
- object to any of our particular processing activities where you feel this has a disproportionate impact on your rights
- contact the Information Commissioners Office with any concerns about our data processing.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or write to us at: Young Norfolk Arts Trust, The Close, Norwich, NR1 4DD